ETOWAH RIVER SHOWDOWN
May 19, 2018
The Etowah River is very well know for the river trail and kayak fishing in the state of Georgia. In addition to it’s mine tunnels and picturesque scenery, the Etowah is a great river for bass fishing.
Details for 2018 Etowah Tournament:
- 7:00 am at Coopers Furnace park for captins meeting. 1052 Old River Rd SE, Cartersville, GA 30121
- 3:30 Weight in back at Coopers Furnace park 1052 Old River Rd SE, Cartersville, GA 30121
- We are opening 27 miles of eligible water for anglers to compete. Coopers furnace to 411 Bridge.
- Should you choose to launch at Coopers furnace and take out at 113 you need to know about the Portage at the low head dam. It’s river left and can be strenuous with one person and a loaded boat full of gear. The portage is easy to see on the left hand side of the river and must be used. Serious injury or death could occur if you paddle over the Low head dam. Other sections of the river are open this year so if you want the low head dam can be taken out of your float plans all together.
- You must use known launch sites marked on the Etowah river trail guide below. No private land launches. The 6 marked and well known launch and take outs are on this map.
- In addition to Cash payouts for 1-3 place we also have raffle prizes from Southern Moon Outfitters, Hammonds Fishing Center, Outside World Outfitters Dawsonville,
- The top 3 payouts will be in addition to Acadamy Sports and Outdoors Gift cards.
LOCATION: Etowah River
START DATE: May 19th, 2018