A Return to Jekyll Island
Bull Reds. Sheepshead. Low Country Boil. Jekyll Island. You asked and we listened. Georgia Kayak Fishing will be returning to Jekyll Island in October for our final Camp and Paddle of 2016!
Jekyll Island Redfish Romp was one of our most talked about events from 2015. So naturally we’re going to haul plastic back down to Jekyll again this year. So here are the details of our 2016 GKF Jekyll Island trip;
- Camping – As you see in the Rates Breakdown below, camping is not included in 2016’s GKF Event Cost. You’ll need to book your own campsite at the Jekyll Islands Campgrounds. Be sure to contact other members and share sites if possible.
- Fishing – We’re primarily targeting Redfish and Sheepshead. If you’ve never targeted these species before, check out this page on Fishing in Georgia’s Coastal Waters. But there are many species of fish available to you and you’re free to chase any that you choose.
- Food – GKF will be providing meals for this event. More details coming soon…
- Carpooling is recommended if possible. Be sure to visit the GF Facebook Pages to coordinate with other GKF’rs.
- Registration for this event will close either once we reach 48 attendees or August 21st, whichever comes first.
We’ll have a potluck dinner again on Friday evening. Breakfast will be provided both Saturday and Sunday morning and there will again be a Low Country Boil on Saturday evening.
Non-member – $30 event
Annual Member – $27 event fee
Benefactor Member – $22.50 event
Lifetime Member – $15 event
***Must Book Your Own Campsites This Year (Campsite Fees not included in above Rates)
For more info on last year’s event, check out Walt Lariscy’s blog Tight Lines and Plastic Boats
LOCATION: Jekyll Island
START DATE: October 07th, 2016
END DATE: October 09th, 2016